Having trouble connecting your Ledger Nano X over Bluetooth?
Follow these steps on your Ledger Nano X to make sure you have a stable connection to the Phantom mobile app.
- Make sure your Ledger device is unlocked.
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone.
- Make sure, in Bluetooth settings, that Phantom has permission to access Bluetooth.
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on the Ledger device.
- Press and hold both buttons to go to Ledger Settings.
- Navigate to "Bluetooth".
- Make sure it says "Enabled".
- Connections are best made when Ledger is on the home dashboard.
- Ledger pairs best when no app is selected.
- If you can't pair, try exiting the Solana, Ethereum, or Polygon apps before connecting.
If all else fails, you try re-pairing the Ledger device. Follow these steps on your phone to re-pair your Ledger device.
- Go to Bluetooth Settings on your phone.
- Find your Ledger Nano X and forget the device.
- Go to the Connect Hardware Flow to pair your device.
- Once you've successfully paired, you can continue to find more accounts, or leave to attempt your transaction again.
Can I use my Ledger Nano S to connect over Bluetooth?
Ledger Nano S does not support Bluetooth, so cannot connect to the Phantom mobile app. Please use the browser extension to connect your Ledger Nano S.
Can I use my Ledger Nano S to connect using a Physical wire?
Connecting the Ledger Nano S using a physical wire is only supported on Android devices; however, this feature is not yet integrated into the Phantom mobile app.