We currently don't support Ledger with Firefox. Please use Chrome, Brave or Microsoft Edge.
Phantom mobile apps currently don't support Ledger hardware wallets, this feature will be added soon.
This guide is for anyone that wants to use Phantom as a tool to manage Solana and SPL tokens on their Ledger hardware wallet. This guide assumes that you have previously installed Phantom. You can start using Phantom with your Ledger in just a few steps.
Prepare your Ledger to use Solana
If you have already installed the Solana App onto your Ledger, skip this step.
First, use the following guide to make sure your Ledger is set up to interact with Solana: https://docs.solana.com/wallet-guide/ledger-live. At this time, you must also enable "blind signing" on you Ledger in order to perform SPL token related transactions (but this should be improved in the future!).
Connect your Ledger to Phantom
1) Make sure your Ledger is plugged into your computer and unlocked. Navigate to the Solana App on your Ledger.
2) Next, open up your installed Phantom wallet. Open up the wallet settings by clicking on the menu button in the top left-hand side of the wallet.
3) On the next screen choose the highlighted wallet.
4) Then, at the bottom of the wallet select "Add/Connect wallet" and select "Connect hardware wallet"
Phantom will detect your ledger and ask you to continue to the next screen where you will select the derivation path as well as the wallet that you are importing.
5) Next, select the derivation path that you wish Phantom to look for the addresses in your Ledger device. If you've already used your Ledger device in the Ledger Live desktop app to show (derive) a Solana address in that interface, the derivation path used by that app is ` m/44'/501'/0' `, so you need to select the second option in the dropdown menu shown below in the screenshot if you want to see the same addresses you already use in the Ledger Live desktop app.
On the other hand Phantom uses the derivation path ` m/44'/501'/0'/0' ` by default, take into account that if you use the Phantom recommended derivation path ` m/44'/501'/0'/0' `, this would let you access your wallet using your Ledger's 24 words in Phantom if you ever need to for whatever reason, e.g. if you lose your physical Ledger device or if it stops working completely and you only have your Ledger 24 words paper backup left and you don't have the possibility of acquiring a new Ledger hardware wallet and you still have the need to move your funds quickly.
Its important to remember which derivation path you choose as that is where your wallet will always be found.
After those steps, you should be done! Go back to Phantom to view your funds. Now you can send / deposit SOL or interact with Solana Dapps using your Ledger. Repeat this process for any other addresses that you want to connect.
Still having trouble?
Or visit: Ledger support